Houston Estate Planning Lawyer
It is actually surprising how many people tend to postpone estate planning almost indefinitely. Many feel uncomfortable thinking about their eventual deaths. Others are afraid of legal fees, so they put it off. Most people do not fully understand the different components of estate planning, such as wills, trusts, living trusts and powers of attorney. They are willing to risk assets and family well-being by ignoring what they need to know.
The fact that you have arrived at this Web page puts you one step ahead of the crowd. You are wise to think ahead to a day when you may be unable to make decisions for yourself — and eventually, a day when you will pass away and your assets will pass on to other people or the government. Taking the time and making the effort to create testamentary documents such as a will may be one of your most selfless acts — and the smartest thing you will ever do.
The first step toward a sensible estate plan is to consult with a knowledgeable estate planning attorney. At the law office of Zara Ali & Associates, you will have the opportunity to discuss your goals and concerns. I am Zara Ali, Texas estate planning lawyer, and I will gladly take time to listen and offer guidance regarding any of the following:
- A will that may include instructions for guardianship of your children if they are left without parents
- Trusts such as special needs trusts or generation-skipping trusts that can help beneficiaries of your estate avoid probate, while protecting assets
- A living trust that can greatly simplify the settling of your estate for your spouse or other personal representative
- Powers of attorney including a durable power of attorney that will enable your representative to manage your financial affairs if you become incapacitated
- A health care directive that can specify your preferences in the event that you are unable to speak for yourself
Contact A Houston Estate Planning Attorney
Call or email my law office to discuss your estate planning needs and learn how I can help. I speak English and Hindi. I have conducted extensive research about overseas powers of attorney and other complex issues. I look forward to being of assistance to you as you seek to put your affairs in order.